Friday, November 1, 2013

Cat in The Hat Halloween 2013

We celebrated Little Spoon's second Halloween last night. It went much better than her first. It turns out that being able to sit up and walk really helps with the fun factor. This Halloween we dressed her as the Cat in The Hat because it is her favorite show in her whole entire life. No joke, she is 17 months old and I can remember her being drawn to that show since she was 3 months old when my mom turned it on while snuggling with her. I am a fan of the show as well and I will admit that the Cat (voice is done by Martin Short...LOVE!) has taught me a few things I didn't know.

I made her costume and went for a more feminine dressy version of the Cat in The Hat instead of the boring one piece with a big hat costume that I saw for sale everywhere.  She loved the tutu and had no issues trying it on several times before I got the size just right. We met up with some friends at their home for pictures. We attempted pictures last year but the girls were so small that we didn't get to many before they were crying or just upset at the pose we had them in. The perk to last years pictures were that they couldn't crawl or walk away. This year we had a whole new hurdle...mobility! They were running back and forth and it was nearly impossible to get a photo. We then headed to a local kids carnival type event at the University. Little Spoon had a great time and I even let her have her very first...SUCKER!! She was so excited about this. As soon as it went in her mouth the smiles were endless, the drool was pouring out of her mouth, and I am pretty sure she was doing a happy dance. Really, she was THAT excited about the candy.

5 months old as Piglet

Trying to figure out how to prop her up. See her friend laid out next to her. No sitting for these girls.



Quick distract her enough to make her stand still.








Pure happiness and excitement over this sucker.



And many thanks to our good friends and her bestie for taking all the wonderful photos of her seen above and making our Halloween so fantastic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment