Sunday, November 10, 2013

Stork Stack Box Review

I got my first box from Stork Stack. Like Citrus Lane, review here, they send you a box of 5 top rated products for your little one based on the age and gender you sign up for. I choose to put 22 months as Little Spoon's age because I didn't want to risk getting any possible duplicates from Citrus Lane and Stork Stack. Plus I figured it's better to get things she can grow into versus anything to babyish for her. I have to say I am more impressed by Stork Stack at this point than Citrus Lane. This box was themed "Lunch Time" and everything looks awesome!! Here are the goodies:

Value of box: $40.06


Larabar über: Roasted Nut Roll
 This snack bar was not to bad. I am not a nut roll fan to begin with so I wasn't jumping for joy or anything. It was tasty and sweet so heck yea I ate it. However I would prefer to get snacks in the box for the kiddo instead of me.  



Baby Legs
I used baby leggings more when Little Spoon was a baby and in the onesie phase but these are pretty cute so I will be putting them on her for sure.
                                                           


Spuds Plate
This plate is really cool for several reasons. First it is made out of reclaimed potatoes ( is that a new hip way to say recycled?) and is biodegradable. Second, it was made in the USA! Third, it's perfect for a snack or trying a new food since Little Spoon is more prone to try new foods from new containers, plates, or cups. Yay! It's pretty durable and sturdy so I am glad they chose potatoes versus reclaimed bananas or something.



Ten Fat Sausages book by Elke Zinsmeister
This book is a board book which is a total plus because we are still a bit rough on our books so board books last longer and get played with more around here. This book is pretty cute because it encourages counting and the kid can actually see the hole in the frying pan where the sausage disappeared. 



Stephen Joseph Classic Lunch Box-Owl
This was our favorite item in the box because who doesn't love a new lunchbox! I have seen the other owl design and I am really happy we got this one. We can't wait to try it out! It has a pocket inside and even velcro straps inside to hold the drink in place.
Right before I gave this to her she found an old pacifier (where?!) and would not let me take it away. She kept saying "baby" while chewing on it. She never took a paci as a baby but now at 18 months she is ready?! Yea right...not happening. It's gotta go!






Comparison:
Cost:
Citrus Lane is $25 a month for 5 products and Stork Stack is $27.99 for 5 products. I felt I got better products from Stork Stack and the few extra dollars were worth it. Keep in mind my first Citrus Lane box was $15 and my first Stork Stack box was $17.99. I like that both companies offer a first box discount. It is always a good marketing tool to get you to buy initially. You can use my referral code (5C135E36) if you would like your first box for $17.99. I thought the lunchbox alone in this box was TOTALLY worth the $17 I paid for the entire box given I have seen similar zoo lunch boxes for around $20. This lunchbox retail value is $15.99.

Gifting:
I love getting mail and really love new stuff for my daughter. The look on her face when I give her a new toy, snack, cup, or really anything is priceless. After looking at these boxes I thought they would make good Christmas or Birthday gifts to other mama's I know. Well the gift option for both companies is something I don't like to much. You can't choose just one month and it's not like they give you a discount for gifting a few months either. Citrus Lane has a minimum gift subscription of 2 months (2 boxes total) for $50. Stork Stack has a 3 month minimum (3 boxes total) that totals $83.99. I think these are great gift ideas and totally enjoyable but $50 seems kinda pricey to me. I did find a newer company called Silly Rhino and they offer a 1 month gift for $35.99. That seems more reasonable and worth looking into.

Verdict:
I want to see what each offers this next month for the holidays. Right now I am leaning more in favor of Stork Stack but we shall see!

Discount Code/Referral Code:
 If you want to try out Stork Stack you can use my referral code and you can get $10 off your membership.. 5C135E36. I am not getting paid to review these products or Stork Stack box but if you use my referral code with a membership than I can earn Stork bucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment