Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Baby Shower Bliss

This past weekend I did something exciting! I hosted a baby shower for my good friend. I am linking up with Dateless in Dallas and Showered With Design today on the weekend recap.

My friend is due any day with baby #2 so this party was just in time..whew! Yes, I was a bad friend and didn't plan it sooner but hey cut me some slack, it's my first baby shower hosting gig. Back when I was pregnant with my daughter we enrolled in The Bradley Method class in which we attended each Saturday for many weeks. It was at this class that I met a group of fellow pregnant women who have become such good friends to us. We met about 2 years ago and these ladies and their families make our life full and happy on a regular basis. They are some amazing mama's and daddy's I am thankful to get to call them my pals. Our kids are all around the same age so we share many playdates and outings. It's been so fantastic to have other mommy friends (and one stay at home Dad) in our lives. Well a few months ago a few of us talked about what we could do for our friend since she was pregnant with her second child (the first of our group..yay!). We came up with the idea to give her and her family a bunch of frozen meals to enjoy once the baby came as our shower gift.  I offered to host the party and everyone brought their frozen meals to the party. These other women are fabulous cooks so I can't say I wasn't tempted to steal those meals for myself!! 

Originally, I only wanted to do a few decorations to make it more shower like but then I got to thinking... even though this was their second baby, this baby still deserved a great party and needed some fab decor. Since we had just returned from our cruise I only had 5 days to find/make decorations and clean my house. I think it turned out pretty cute and I really enjoyed making this table festive. Her nursery colors are coral and mint so I wanted the party in those colors. BEAUTIFUL colors and an amazing combo but sooo hard to find here in our little town! I did the best I could with some paint, washi tape and a glue gun. It all worked out and we all had a great time!

Oh and check out the preggo lady in the last picture. You can't even tell she has a bump going on! She is all belly, that lucky duck!


Baby's Nickname is "Buds"-Not actual name! 

Washi Tape LOVE



We forgot a group picture but snapped this quick one before the preggo and her tot left. 



Dateless in Dallas

3 comments:

  1. Love the colors you used at the shower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are pretty colors..just hard to find where we live! ha ha

      Delete
  2. That is really pretty! It all turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete