Saturday, December 21, 2013

Belly Confessions

Two weeks down and seven more to go until cruise time!! With it being so close to Christmas I have definitely had a full plate and was keeping my sweats and treats to a minimum until a wonderful package of goodies arrived at my doorstep today. Homemade goodies from my brother arrived and lots of them. Oh and the goodies are all my Christmas favorites so naturally I am going to be snacking on them for awhile.

Back to the fitness. I have completed two weeks of T25 with the exception of missing one day this week. I like it but it seems very heavy on the cardio so I plan to incorporate my weights in addition to the daily T25 workout. I am getting plenty of cardio chasing my tot around and carrying her around A LOT lately. It seems to be the only way I can get through any store without her losing her mind. That's right, I am the lady pushing the cart and carrying her kid. Seems silly right? Seems like  I can't control my kid right? Well it's been a crazy month so it's a battle I am choosing to admit defeat on for the time being. Plus, its a KILLER arm workout. 25 pounds of moving weight on one arm..whoa!

Beginning T25 Photos:




Week 2 Photos:



And...my confession:

Since I am being honest about my fitness journey here it goes: I have a belly roll. It shows up when I sit down and hides when I am standing. I still have that extra belly fat/skin that just won't budge. It's just a part of my pregnancy from the HUGE belly that I got during pregnancy that has stuck around. I really think its more loose skin than fat so there isn't much I can do but continue to let time take its course. I am not really sure what to do?? But it really sucks to continually try to get rid of it and nothing change. It's my insecurity for sure and my biggest hang up. I hate seeing it just hang there when I do planks or feeling that little roll over my jeans when I bend down to pick something up. On the plus side if it's still hanging around when we decide to get pregnant again then maybe my belly will appreciate having the extra room to grow into rather quickly. Either way if it doesn't budge any by our cruise I just won't bend down but instead bend back to grab things and I just won't sit down. Done. Problem solved. Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment