Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Not Giving Up

Remember way back when I was so dedicated to working out and eating right to meet my goals?! Yea, that was so long ago, me neither. Well guess what?! My long term goal is 9 weeks away and I am no where near my goal. Somehow I thought life would not interfere and that I could push through anything and maintain my healthy habits of daily workouts and perfected eating habits.
Well I was wrong. My kid went from 2 naps a day to 1 which threw off my entire day. Then we had a few family emergencies requiring us to leave town ASAP for a few weeks. Lastly, there was the constant on the go, out of town, lack of sleep situation which required DEMANDED more caffeine in my body to keep me going. With all that said, I have had to restart several times and even though I am starting over (as of this past Monday) I am not giving up. I will continue to restart, regroup, and refocus as many times as needed because I will not give up.

I should have posted along the way about my struggles and why I suddenly just disappeared from the "fit" scene but I was so disappointed about it all that I just said nothing. I felt I let myself down and disappointed anyone who was looking to me for advice or guidance. Well it turns out that trying to maintain a perfect mom image isn't commendable either! Actually, it's not an image I want any part of. When I think of "perfect women" who are moms, wives, business owners and have that perfectly kept house, delicious documented homemade dinners, always well dressed, never a hair out of place, beautiful children, and everyone is always smiling... it drives me nuts. No one can be that perfect, can they?!  I guess social media gives us that false perception and allows us to be seen in only the best light at all times. False perception at it's finest. Well, I don't have it all together and I have flaws. I don't want to strive to be that perfect mom, but more so a relatable mom. I have a toddler whose currently makes grocery shopping a tremendously stressful event to the point of me wanting to go through a drive through instead of entering a store just to keep sane. Is this just part of the 18 month old stage?!  I have life events that require my attention weather I want to address them or not. I am not above having that second afternoon cup of coffee so that I can stay awake after my kid goes to bed so I can wind down. We all face hurdles, some expected and some not. My family takes a priority above my fitness goals, as I am sure that is the case for many mothers. But when all the fog clears and things settle down I do my best to get back to MY time and MY goals. So here I am.

Here is to trying my hardest to get to my NEW goal: being in the best shape I can be by cruise time and documenting my HONEST journey in getting there (or not) over the next 9 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment