Saturday, December 7, 2013

One Month of Travels and Ah-Ha's!

We have been traveling over the last month between home, Albuquerque, Ft. Worth area, and Caddo, Oklahoma (repeat). It's been wonderful seeing as much family as we have in the short time span but it has also been very exhausting. I had high hopes of starting my workouts again just after Halloween but no such luck. I am disappointed that I have not been able to devote time to working out regularly and stay on point with my goals. I have started over and over...and over a few times during the last few months and I can only seem to get a solid week under my belt before life hits and I am off track. When I go to Texas I come home jigglier. When I go to Albuquerque I come home thinner. When I stay at home for a few weeks I seem to balance out somewhere in between. Looking back at these last four weeks I made some gains. Not any muscle gains as I had planned for, but some some gains pertaining to perspective and appreciation of this crazy life I live but love!


WEEK 1: I am appreciative for being able to spend time with our Great Grandma Nina Witherspoon just before her cancer really took hold of her mental and physical health for the worse. We knew this would be our last visit with her and I am very grateful for sharing laughs, smiles, stories and tears with her. We would not have been able to make the trip down if it wasn't for our in laws help. We are very appreciative they gave us those last memories with Grandma. "No, I don't want to eat. Food will make you fat and sassy!"-Grandma Nina.

Sept 2012-4 months old

Her favorite shirt of Grandma's- November 2012-6 months old

Playtime and smiles-January 2013-8 months old

WEEK 2: I am appreciative of my mother's hospitality and cooking for me each night while we visited. As a mother aren't we all appreciative of any meal we don't have to prepare ourselves?! She helped keep me sane by letting me leave the kiddo with her while I ran errands (kid free!) around town. Since my kiddo had an ear infection, cold and was teething I was appreciative of the quiet time she gave me.

First snow of the year and she wants the leafs!

Sound asleep on MiMa. Much needed rest for both.


WEEK 3: I am appreciative of seeing all of our extended family in Texas. Twice in one month! This visit was for Grandma's funeral and we were exhausted from a long all night drive and lack of sleep. It was wonderful to see Little Spoon and her cousins play and smile and see all the love and life in those kids. During the viewing Little Spoon ran around with her finger on her lips shushing people while pointing at Grandma because she thought Grandma was sleeping. This was so sweet and made so many people smile during a sad time. Lastly, I am grateful that my husband took me to Metro Maples in Ft. Worth to show me the trees he wanted to purchase to plant at our house. Normally, I have no desire to visit nurseries or tree farms but this was a beautiful place and the fall colors were amazing to see. I am so glad I went with him and happy I was able to gain some appreciation for his love of nature.





Christmas presents for Daddy

WEEK 4:  I am appreciative of my husband's drive and determination. After a long few weeks of no sleep, travel, battling food poisoning, work deadlines, a fussy toddler, and a stressed out wife, he still is determined to get our tile laid in our house by Christmas. I am grateful to have a husband who is as talented as he is and will work night and day to finish a project for our family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment