Friday, January 17, 2014

Five Favorites Keeping Me Focused

Our cruise is 22 days away and I am working my tush off keeping my focus until it's vacay time! These are five finds that have kept me motivated and focused on getting the most out of my workouts this week.



1. Polar FT7 Watch: 
This week my Christmas present arrived..my Polar watch. It's FANTASTIC! Originally, I had wanted a FitBit Force and did get one for Christmas. After about a week I had to return it because it would not stay on my wrist. I thought maybe I was not putting it on correctly but come to find out a lot of reviews stated the same issue. With that said, I was afraid I would lose it so it just didn't work out. Besides that, it seemed like a really expensive pedometer. For a more accurate number of calories burned the Polar watch was definitely the right choice. It allows me to track my heart rate, see the duration of my workout, calories burned and how long I was in the fat burning zone vs the fitness zone.  

2. Planks:
My favorite ab exercise lately are planks. There are so many variations of them that they keep my workout interesting and challenging! I can incorporate them into my cardio days, shoulder days, and of course ab days!



3. Aqua Zinger:
 I love fruit infused water and I found this water bottle at Target. You put the fruit in the bottom part and fill the rest up with water. It flavors your water and the stainless steel keeps it cold which I love! Plus, my kiddo loves it as well because it the flavors always change so she thinks she is getting a treat. 





4. Hair Accessories:
I found these hair ties at Old Navy and they were on clearance for $1.50. I have been wanting to try out this style and with a price like that I could not refuse! 


5. Roasted Veggies:
I am trying to eat a ton of veggies daily to fuel my body and energize my day. I have just discovered that any vegetable roasted seems to taste about 90% better than steaming or microwaving. I am currently obsessing about roasted broccoli and roasted brussel sprouts with a tad bit of sea salt sprinkled on top. Guess who else gobbles these up?! Yup, Little Spoon is loving them too. Win win!

















2 comments:

  1. I love those hair bands and didn't realize that Old Navy had them on sale - may need to take a trip there to pick up the glittery ties in your photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good Old Navy clearance! Hope you can find some!! They are pretty great so far. :)

      Delete