Monday, January 13, 2014

Making Memories One Day At A Time

It's true what they tell us...you get wiser as you get older. I am 4 weeks away from turning 30 years old and just this week I shocked myself about how grown up I am. It's not the material items that make my world go round and round anymore. Those things are great, but the memories that I make with my family are much more priceless and bring me more happiness than I ever knew existed. I got more excited about my daughter attempting to swim in the tub on her belly AND her back (in the same night!) than I did about getting the latest iphone this week. Normally a new phone is a pretty big deal and I am excited about it. The kind of excitement that lasts a whole week and beyond. The kind that you wake up with a smile on your face because you have a "new" something cool in your life. Well, not this girl. Not this time.

First off I waited at home all day Monday for the UPS guy to come with our phones and he finally arrived at 9PM. Yea, 9PM! This is the first time we were last on the delivery list and of course it had to be a package we were anxiously awaiting. I also waited all day for my period to arrive. Yup, I had a productive day of waiting for things to show up. The UPS guy finally delivered, however mother nature did not. She kept me waiting, wondering, and stressing for another 5 days. To us girls, any day beyond the due date sends us straight into a stress, planning, and panic mode. But just like the phones arriving, when my period arrived I was excited!

But more than phones and body issues and all that..my kid did some pretty awesome things on Saturday. She had an all around awesome day of newness. Did that PBS cartoon singing about trying something new sink in?! Her Daddy has been doing a juice fast and given that she is a picky eater we never would have thought she would enjoy juice. Green, fully of leafy veggies, juice. Well she did. She enjoyed it so much we had to take it away. I think she may have joined the fasting cleanse with her Daddy if we let her. So she won't eat veggies but she will drink them. Hmm, okay moving on to the next awesome thing. Later that night in the bath she got on her belly and when I asked her to kick her legs she did. She even tried to swim/scoot on her belly while kicking her legs. She had a blast doing this and I was really impressed. Then I asked her if she wanted to try to swim or float on her back. She sat up and then tried to lay back. I held her head and she laid there smiling looking at the ceiling. I asked her to kick her feet and again she did! This mama was super proud. To me, she took two big leaps..in water..and did amazing at both! It's just great to see her show such confidence in herself. After the bath she went to bed but had issues falling asleep so I brought her out to the living room and went to get the rest of my dinner, roasted brussel sprouts. To my surprise she asked to eat one so I gladly pricked one with the fork and offered it her way thinking she would get one taste and spit it out. Nope, she looked at me as she chewed and said, "mmmm". I was so excited about her eating one I starting thinking about how I could get her to try another one. Well, turns out she ended up eating ALL of my brussel sprouts and asked for more. I never knew I could get so happy about vegetable consumption!!



Sunday was a jam packed day as they have been lately. I got out the door early with the little one to hit the grocery store before it got to busy and crowded. I spent the rest of the day sealing our grout around our new tile in the living room and dining room. In between doing that, I got a few more things organized and into bins for storage. I played with Little Spoon quite a bit in her fort and all around the house. She even ate another plate of brussel sprouts for dinner and then happily went to bed. Happy Mama here!!

Happy tot in her tent I threw together
And what is a weekend at the Spoon household without a trip to Home Depot?! This kid has practically grown up there!

Oh the fun you can have at this store!


 Our weekends have not been very thrilling lately due to our house projects that seem to be never ending. It keeps us super busy and keeps our house super chaotic!


Weekend Recap

2 comments:

  1. They are so cute!!! Looks like you had a fun weekend!
    Thanks so much for linking up :)

    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. Glad you have this hosted event...so fun to meet new folks!

      Delete